Thursday, November 11, 2010

OUTFIT # 2

ORIGINAL TRADE SKETCH
TOILLE IMAGES
After the patterns below is the toille I experimented with. I was quite impressed with how the front extention of the dress so easily created the drape front i was aiming to achieve. There were not to many issues with this dress, with the exception of playing around with the back cowl to get it sitting at a dramatic, yet appropriate position.









FINISHED NECKPIECE DETAIL
This detail on the neckpiece of this dress is a technique in which will feature in a number of pieces throughout my range. I have also created a belt following the same concept, in which will feature on my first outfit the Tartan Chiffon, Sequin Bodice Dress.
The process of achieving this was quite time-consuming but very worth it. I purchased large square metres of vinyl in multiple colours. I then backed two colours onto each other using spray adhesive contact, then sliced into 1cm strips and mounted them onto the base (neck, belt, centre front panel... (in next outfit)) twisting them in uniform during the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment